The Boilerdudes are heading out for an East Coast tour on their way to play Ottawa Explosion Weekend on 6/19.
Ahead of the tour, 86'd has reissued BOILERMAN's entire vinyl discography as Creative Commons licensed pay-what-you-want downloads. The discography is also available on Bandcamp, iTunes, Spotify, and more.
Here are the dates:
6/6 - Chicago, IL @ The Flowershop w/ Brickfight, Boxsledder, Scoundrel
6/7 - Cincinnati, OH @ Black Plastic w/ Deep State, Swim Team
6/8 - Columbus, OH w/ Nuclear Moms, Raging Nathans
6/9 - Asheville, NC w/ Laika's Orbit
6/10 - Raleigh, NC @ Slims w/ Laika's Orbit
6/11 - Richmond, VA
6/12 - Philadelphia, PA @ Lava Space w/ Crybaby, Kyle Gilbride (of Swearin')
6/13 - Long Island, NY @ Quaker Meetinghouse w/ Yum Yuckers, Grave Blankets
6/14 - New Haven, CT @ Osborn House w/ Spit-Take, Worn Leather
6/15 - Boston, MA @ Charlie's Kitchen w/ Witches With Dicks, Bundles
6/16 - Portsmouth, NH @ Red Door w/ Notches, Little My, Gravel
6/17 - Portland, ME @ Brown Haus w/ Gout
6/18-6/21 - Ottawa, ON @ Ottawa Explosion Weekend
6/22 - Toronto, ON
6/23 - Kalamazoo, MI
More info over at our buds Little Yeti PR.
BOILERMAN will have limited copies of their new self titled one-sided 10" on hand this weekend for shows in Lansing, IL, Cincinnati, OH, and Champaign, IL.
- March 6th - Lansing, IL @ Tommy's Parents' House w/ Tenement, Scoundrel, Bullnettle
- March 7th - Cincinnati, OH @ Cide Central w/ Scoundrel, Sleeves, Smut ($5 - 10 PM - 2159 Central Ave)
- March 8th - Champaign, IL @ Dingbat Dungeon w/ Scoundrel, Dingbats, Nectar
The record will be in stores on March 22nd.
I’m very psyched to finally announce a new one-sided 10” coming from Chicago’s BOILERMAN in 2015.
Sounding like someone put the Screeching Weasel/Born Against split 7” in a blender and pressed it to a one-sided 10”, Chicago’s BOILERMAN return with their first material since 2013’s “Loss Leaders” LP. These five songs were recorded and mastered under the scratch title “Dark” along with another three songs slated for a forthcoming 7” single - with the scratch title “Pop” - by bass player Kris Benedetto. This material lives up to the name with a lyrical trajectory that starts with the meaningless of life, moves on to the filth of the material world, and finally lands on the inevitability of death. Dark stuff indeed. But just as the impending single portends hope, so too do these songs; righteous anger, building crescendos, and buried melodies, all come together to expand what kind of punk can be called pop.
The release is limited to 500 hand-numbered one-sided clear vinyl 10”es. Exclusive splatter colors available from each of the three labels releasing the record: 86’d Records in the US, Crapoulet Records in France, and Waterslide Records in Japan.
Check out Boilerman’s 2013 full length “Loss Leaders” over their Bandcamp page. You can read an interview with the band over at For The Love of Punk.
Having just wrapped up our annual 86% off sale, we've managed to sell out of a few more titles from 2013 and beyond. It shouldn't be too hard to find these floating around at other labels/distros. Here's what's gone:
- Dead Uncles "Stock Characters" LP SOLD OUT
- Rations "Martyrs and Prisoners" 7" SOLD OUT
- Dead Uncles / The Credentials split 7" SOLD OUT
- Rations "For Victory" LP SOLD OUT
- Hewhocorrupts "The Smell of Money" CD SOLD OUT
Big thanks to everyone who ordered. The income will definitely make a difference on the few records we have coming in 2015. THANKS!
We've only got one release planned so far for 2014 and it's for Baltimore's SICK SICK BIRDS! We'll be releasing a CD compiling all the bands' singles, EPs, and splits along with a few bonus rarities. The CD will be co-released with the ever-awesome Waterslide Records from Japan. We'll have a limited number available here in the US as an import with the rest being distributed in Japan. Photo by Dave Sanders.
Sign up for the 86'd Records Newsletter to stay up to date!
Here are a couple of Rations demo tracks available for free download. Included below is a melodramatic explanation that Wells wrote up.
It’s been over a year since we released our last EP, Martyrs and Prisoners. The intervening months have been stagnant: practicing sporadically, if at all.
Deirdre moved to Portland, OR. Tia's been recording and touring with
Fellow Project (and playing drums in Trifles and Way Harsh). Brian’s been dealing with family and its accompanying disasters. I've been trying to get my shit together with stalled projects and life in general.
It’s in that murky milieu that Brian and me started getting together on Tuesdays to hang out and write songs. We’ve been armed with around a dozen songs that Rations was working on, plus and a handful of new songs (more like riffs, idea, unfinished lyrics, etc.) we’d each written during the lull. It’s been slow going but I think the songs are good. And we’re determined to will a full length album into world.We’re arranging, writing lyrics, culling stuff, trying new stuff, etc. As such, we wanted to release a couple rough and demo tracks to get some momentum going.
"Mr. Pitiful” is an Otis Redding song from the 1965 album The Great Otis Redding Sings Soul Ballads. It’s been stripped down, truncated, and recorded into a gizmo for smartphones by Brian.
“Torch" is a song we were playing as a full band and that Brian and me are working out for the full length. This is a rough recording from a band practice intended for a tape compilation that never materialized.
"Mr. Pitiful" probably won't be re-recorded or appear elsewhere. “Torch" is slated to be properly recorded - with the full band - for the eventual full length. So for those that care, Rations rides (or maybe lurches?) again. -Wells
Thanks for listening! - Rations
I'm making room for a few new releases in 2015 (Sick Sick Birds, Boilerman, Fellow Project). So I’m running another 86% off sale.
This time around it’s a bundle. I found some unassembled copies of the RATIONS 12” that I’ve put together and I’ve got a good amount of UTTER FAILURE 12”es left, so I’m bundling those up with some other stuff all for $16ppd in the US.
Here’s what's included:
1 x UTTER FAILURE "Eroding Forces" 12"
1 x RATIONS "For Victory" one-sided 12"
1 x mystery LP
1 x GO WHITE BRONCO "Life As A Monument" 7"
1 x RATIONS “Martyrs and Prisoners” 7”
1 x mystery 7”
1 x CELEBRITY INTERNMENT CAMP s/t CD
1 x ON THE MIGHT OF PRINCES "Where You Are... (Reissue)" CD
1 x HEWHOCORRUPTS "The Smell of Money" CDEP
That's 3 x LPs, 3 x 7”es, and 3 x CDs for $16ppd in the US.
Click to here to buy the bundle.
Click to here to buy the bundle.
Click to here to buy the bundle.
Click to here to buy the bundle.
We finished up the latest J-Zone 7" last week at Solid Mfg. Very psyched to see this finally out so I can share it around. I've had the tracks burned to a CD and playing in my car for weeks.
Definitely cool to hear J-Zone back at it. I've been working with him on-and-off since 2005-ish pressing CDs at the old company doing stuff like A Job Ain't Nuthin' But Work and the Boss Hog Barbarians' Every Hog Has Its Day and a few more.
You can check out the tracks from the 7" below. "Stick Up" is an instrumental with J-Zone on drums duking it out with a hammond organ. "Mad Rap" has him back behind the mic taking down Russel Simmons and a bunch more.
You can order the 7" on at j-zone.bandcamp.com. Save the guy a trip to the post office and get your order in over the weekend.
J-Zone's Mail Room (from instagram)
Here's my list of the top 22 records we printed stuff for at Solid Mfg. in 2013. The list includes the projects I enjoyed working on the most… either because the music ripped, the artwork was awesome, or the customer is just plain fun to work with.
This year's list is made up from all printed parts we did, but now that we're doing manufacturing for vinyl, CDs, and band merch next year should be rounded out with more of that stuff.
Cool. Thanks to all the bands and record labels that used us this year!!!
- Boilerman “Loss Leaders” LP Jacket and Insert (Self Released)
- First LP from Chicago piece. Great record but they're even better live.
- No Sir, I Won't “The Door” 12” Jacket and Inner Sleeve (Framework Label)
- Six song EP from Boston anarcho-punkers. Dudes from Libyans and Awful Man.
- Odz Manouk / Tukaaria LP Jacket (Final Agony)
- Final Agony is one of my favorite labels to work on stuff with. Always top notch packaging!
- Argentinum Astrum "Malleus Maleficarum" LP Jacket and Insert (Anti Corporate Music)
- Knoxville, TN Black/Sludge/Doom.
- Fucking Invincible "Downtown is Dead" 7" Jackets (Atomic Action! Records)
- Dudes from Drop Dead. Ripper 8-song EP!
- Canadian Rifle "Deep Ends" LP Jacket (Dirt Cult Records)
- Tons of great releases on Dirt Cult this year. Hard to pick just one!
- Murder-Suicide Pact “Die Screaming” LP Jacket (Give Praise Records)
- Last LP from Florida legends. On the prolific and Give Praise Records. Hi Paul!
- Skeletonwitch “Serpents Unleashed” Gatefold LP Jacket (Prosthetic Records)
- Prosthetic Records scores an A+ on being a big label that's beyond great to deal with!
- Mallwalkers “Shake The Rust Off” LP Jacket (Peterwalkee Records)
- Matto of Phlegm Chuckers fame releases funk-punkers first LP.
- The Slow Death “No Heaven” LP Jacket (Rad Girlfriend Records)
- LP version of the CD on A.D.D. Great band on a great label
- RVIVR “The Beauty Between” LP Jacket, Insert, and Poster (Rumbletowne Records)
- One of our first customers. Last I heard, they were trying to make a video for each song on the record.
- Best Practices “Sore Subjects” 7" Folder (Tor Johnson Records)
- Record label impresario Paul Dechichio releasing his own band's 7". Just like Ian MacKaye.
- Potboiler “Rolling Boil” LP Jacket (Salinas Records)
- Old New Paltz, NY band gets a vinyl re-issue of cassette release.
- Multiple Truths "No One Wins" (Halo of Flies)
- Mariam from MRR and friends.
- Cloud Becomes Your Hand "Rocks Or Cakes" (Feeding Tube Records)
- My old Long Island buddy Stephe Cooper doing some weirdo stuff.
- M. Akers "Unused Score For La Puntura Velenosa Della Notte" 7" Jacket (Death Wound Zine)
- A mystery wrapped in an enigma.
- Descontrol "Producto De Las Circunstancias" LP Jacket (Odio Los Discos)
- Peruvian dis-punk from the 80s. Reissue of classic demo.
- Weed "Deserve" LP Jacket (Couple Skate Records)
- Angry Gods Greyed Delay/The Swell 7" Folder (Nervous Habit Records)
- New Chicago, IL punk and hardcore label. Nice people!
- The Dentists "Some People Are On The Pitch" LP Jacket and Inner Sleeve (Trouble In Mind)
- Re-issue of this 80s U.K. band's debut full length.
- The David Liebe Hart Band "The David Liebe Hart Band Album" LP Jacket (Evil Weevil Records)
- David Lieve Hart from Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!
- Parquet Courts "American Specialties" LP Jacket (Play Pinball! Records)
- Debut cassette released as an LP by the awesome Play Pinball! Records.
Rations “Martyrs and Prisoners” 7" EP is reviewed up at Collective Zine.
I’m down to my last copies on a couple of releases. Get on ‘em before they’re gone.
86D010 - RUBRICS “Apathy Is An Institution” 12”
Only 2 copies left. These copies include both the regular LP jacket and the limited to 100 flap folder cover version. To my knowledge these are the only 2 copies that include both….as I had some extra lying around.
86D004 - DEAD UNCLES / THE CREDENTIALS split 7”
Down to the last 14 copies of this bugger. These are the “overrun” copies limited to 50 units with the blue (instead of pink) OBI strip.
Use the code “WEED” at checkout to receive 20% off of your entire order. Good on anything in the store through Monday-ish.
Check out the show page page for more information.
R.S.V.P over at the Facebook event page.