Band Map Progress 26 August 2013
Tons more bands added to the map
I've made a lot of progress since yesterday's post! Big thanks to all the people who e-mailed and replied on Facebook and Twitter! I was able to link up 3 out of the 5 bands that were giving me trouble. Also, the websites Discogs.com and BandToBand.com were both extremely helpful. The OmniGraffle program has been indispensable for putting this all together.
Here are some of the improvements since yesterday:
- Through some heroics using Brian from Striped Basstards connection to Kevin from Beyond I was able to link up to Divide and Conquer and Robotnicka to the rest of the cloud - mostly thanks to Paint It Black. I also found an alternate path that goes back to Latterman through Paint It Black. It gets a little convoluted up there, so I'll probably try pruning it down as I move forward.
- Arun from I Farm chimed in on facebook and improved the band's links back to the cloud.
- Dave from If You Make It and Laura Stevenson and the Cans helped get Operation: Cliff Clavin connected. Thanks homie.
- My buddy Micah on Facebook provided multiple helpful hints which helped add and connect a bunch of bands.
- I filled in a lot of the important shared but non-essential bands linked to TVR stuff. ie. The Gay, Gay, Gay, Gay, Bonerz.
More to be done
So that leaves All The Answers as the only band not linked back to the cloud. I've got a feeling that the Whiskey Trench -> Omegas connection will somehow get us back to the rest of the map, but we'll see.
Once that's connected, I'll probably move the project over to a small group of people to finish up. I'm looking forward to some hard editorial choices on what bands to add and subtract from the basic structure. Then on to arranging the the flow of the thing to a more sensible configuration. After that, hopefully Lubrano will help me to illustrate the whole thing... then I'm thinking 33"x23" newsprint poster via Solid MFG.
Any homies looking to help
Anybody but with additional ideas about connections, please hit me up at email@example.com. If you want to keep track of progress, you can sign up to follow this blog by e-mail over to the right. Thanks!